As the month of May draws to a close, we learn a few things about the word SAFETY and practically, what that encompasses. We all say it, let alone, repeat it several times a day. Yet, safety is not just a word or a phrase. It’s a lifestyle habit; one that needs to be practiced again and again in order to own it.
A recap of our top electrical safety tips:
- Unplug outdoor tools and appliances when not in use.
- Inspect power tools and appliances for frayed cords, broken plugs and cracked or broken housing. Repair or replace damaged items.
- Water and electricity do not mix. Avoid damp conditions‚ including wet grass‚ when using electricity.
- Use outlet covers on outdoor receptacles near swimming pools. Keep cords and electrical devices away from pools. Never handle electrical items when you are wet.
- Do not allow power cord connections to become wet.
- Use only weatherproof electrical devices for outside activities. Protect outdoor electrical devices from moisture. Make sure electrical equipment that has been wet is inspected and reconditioned by a certified repair dealer.
- Keep dry leaves swept away from outdoor lighting, outlets and power cords.
Never allow pets to sleep on an electrical blanket.
Keeping these tips in mind will ensure a continuity of fun and SAFETY all season long!
2 thoughts on “Wrapping Up Electrical Safety Month”
I was just seeking this info for some time. After six hours of continuous Googleing, at last I got it in your website. I wonder what’s the lack of Google strategy that don’t rank this kind of informative web sites in top of the list. Usually the top web sites are full of garbage.
Good write-up, I’m regular visitor of one’s website, maintain up the nice operate, and It’s going to be a regular visitor for a long time.