As the month of May draws to a close, we learn a few things about the word SAFETY and practically, what that encompasses. We all say it, let alone, repeat it several times a day. Yet, safety is not just a word or a phrase. It’s a lifestyle habit; one that needs to be practiced again and again in order to own it.
A recap of our top electrical safety tips:
- Unplug outdoor tools and appliances when not in use.
- Inspect power tools and appliances for frayed cords, broken plugs and cracked or broken housing. Repair or replace damaged items.
- Water and electricity do not mix. Avoid damp conditions‚ including wet grass‚ when using electricity.
- Use outlet covers on outdoor receptacles near swimming pools. Keep cords and electrical devices away from pools. Never handle electrical items when you are wet.
- Do not allow power cord connections to become wet.
- Use only weatherproof electrical devices for outside activities. Protect outdoor electrical devices from moisture. Make sure electrical equipment that has been wet is inspected and reconditioned by a certified repair dealer.
- Keep dry leaves swept away from outdoor lighting, outlets and power cords.
Never allow pets to sleep on an electrical blanket.
Keeping these tips in mind will ensure a continuity of fun and SAFETY all season long!