The U.S. Department of Energy’s fluorescent lighting mandate is official. As of July 1, 2010 magnetic ballasts most commonly used for the operation of T12 lamps will no longer be produced for commercial and industrial applications. Also, many T12 lamps will be phased out of production starting July 2012.
What should I be prepared for?
- Manufacturers will be phasing out their production of T12 lamps and ballasts
- Progressively less availability of T12 lamps and ballasts
- Increased cost of T12 lamps and ballasts due to demand vs. limited supply
- To keep up with federal regulations of energy efficiency, manufacturers’ technology and production will be focused on T8 and T5 systems
Did you know?
Approximately 30 percent of all fluorescent lamps sold in the U.S. are still T12 technology. As a result of the T12 phase out, 70 percent of all T12 fluorescent lamps sold in the U.S. will be phased out come July 2012.
Call Us Today!
(503) 296-8555 for Portland Metro Area
(360) 574-7200 for Vancouver/Clark County
Ask us how you can save money on your electrical and other services today with our advantage plan. Mr. Electric Lifetime Advantage Plan Honored By:
Call us for details!
We Serve Clark, Clackamas, Multnomah and Washington Counties